Friday, February 26, 2010

"How This Blog Came To Be" & "Blogger Love"

"Do unto others as you would have others do unto you".


Today I'm going to explain a bit on how this blog came to be.

Last year in March, I nearly died from blood loss. Don't worry, I'm not going into the details. For me, the scariest part of the whole ordeal was the helicopter ride in "no fly" weather conditions. YIKES! Not fun! Did you know ... helicopters are NOT suppose to fly sideways?

(I am eternally thankful to the brave folks that made that flight. The three of them endangered their own lives to save mine!)

Well, after I came home, the dreaded medical bills came pouring in, old and new. I knew we desperately needed to try to figure out how we were going to pay on all of those bills. We had to save some money, someplace, somehow.

So, propped up with pillows and mouse in hand, I started my "journey of clicking". I "travelled the web", over and over, searching for coupons for things we normally bought. I was amazed at how many coupons were out there! We hadn't been using them up to that point. (Ugh! Think of the money we could have saved had we been using them!)

Then, one day, I discovered the "world of blogs".

I started reading comments left on some of the blogs. I realized there were people like us, for whatever the reason, they needed to find a way to help stretch their income. It seemed to me that a lot of them were like me, looking for coupons.

I try very hard to be a good person in all aspects of my life and I love to help people, when I can. So, I started a blog. I wanted to share my coupon finds in hopes it would help some of those folks. And I think it has.

Some days, I feel like giving up. But, it never fails, when I feel that way, I get one of those emails or a comment telling me how much they appreciate my work and/or how much they have saved because of coupons they have found here. That's all it takes! I "snap out of it" and realize my "little blog" is helping some and I need to keep at it.

I "Thank You" for those kind words. Your all great!

(And, by the way, sometimes your emails even make me cry! lol ... Yes, I'm a "softy"!)

This next part is an answer to a relative, a non-blogger, that wants to know why I put "Blogger Love" on some of my post. I figured I would just post it in case other's wonder why too.

When I first started blogging, I had absolutely no idea what I was doing. I didn't realize at that time you should credit folks if you used something from their blog. But, after awhile, I caught on. So, I started giving credit.

I started using "Blogger Love", my own phrase, because I respect those folks and the time it may have taken them to find that information. And, I'm thankful they have shared it with the rest of us.

(Feel free to use the phrase "Blogger Love" to show other's you too care and thank them.)

Smiles!

{ Coupons.com } - { Redplum } - { SmartSource } - { Target }

6 Comment(s):

Unknown February 26, 2010 at 3:22 PM  

Thanks for sharing! I feel the same way!
"Blogger Love" Cool 2 Clip

Polly February 26, 2010 at 11:17 PM  

Glad to know we're not in the same shape $$. I guess you never know until someone shares their financial condition with you.
My husband will tell anyone that will listen that he's so thankful that God brought couponing to my attention. Otherwise we'd be in a world of problems. I try to save at least 10% on any shopping trip. But usually it's around 25%. We LOVE when it's in the 50-60% range!
Thanks for sharing!

Pamela February 27, 2010 at 8:40 AM  

Polly...

Just from my emails, comments I have (read all over the blogs) and people I have spoke to, I know their are so many, many folks needing to stretch their dollars and for so many different reasons too.

Couponing, as you know, is a must for some and a hobby for others.

I recently spoke to someone at a store that told me she wished she was "brave" enough to use coupons.
She told me she had to cut back on her grocery budget and her cupboards and fridge showed it.

I sorted "preached" a bit about how she could save and likely buy more then she expected if she would just try using coupons and watching for sales.

I sure hope she tries it.

She was in my mind and is the main reason I decided to share our story on how and why we started using coupons.

I wish there was a way I could just reach out to all those folks that are struggling to buy food and tell them ... USE COUPONS!

Thanks for the comment =)

Polly February 27, 2010 at 11:39 AM  

Pamela,
Will you email me privately. I'd love to talk to you sometime!
Polly

Pamela February 27, 2010 at 11:46 AM  

Polly ...

Sure...email me at helpingthebudgetusingcoupons@gmail.com

=)

Post a Comment

..
Since Nov. 30, 2009
..
You may use information from this blog with credit going where credit is due.
..
Myself or the the other blogger's I credit.
..
Thank You!
..
..
"Do unto others as you would have others do unto you."
.. ..
..
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected
Thank You To Phillip Martin For His Awesome Clipart! http://www.phillipmartin.info/clipart/homepage.htm

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 / Modified By Mrs. Buys More 2010

Back to TOP