Wednesday, January 6, 2010

$1/1 Select General Mills Cereals


MyBlogSpark and General Mills recently contacted me with the following information to share with my readers. They also provided me with 4 free cereal coupons of which I have decided to give two of our followers each one coupon.

General Mills is reducing the amount of sugar in their cereals and I feel this information is very important to pass on as we see childhood obesity on the increase. Less sugar is always better.

The first two followers (from the left sidebar) to leave a comment sharing their thoughts on the following statement will each receive a coupon good for ONE FREE BOX of General Mills Cereal. (up to $6.00)

"General Mills recently announced a commitment to reduce sugar in cereal advertised to kids under 12 to single digit grams of sugar per serving. Cereal can provide many benefits.

Did you know that ready-to-eat cereal eaters consume less fat, less cholesterol and more fiber than non-cereal eaters? Cereals also deliver important vitamins, minerals and other essential nutrients, making cereal a top source of key nutrients in children´s diets.

Other cereal benefits:
Ready-to-eat cereals, including presweetened cereals, account for only 5% of sugar in children´s diets.

Ready-to-eat cereal is the No. 1 source of whole grains in a child´s diet today.

More frequent cereal eaters tend to have healthier body weights and lower Body Mass Index measures.

Studies also demonstrate the benefits of eating breakfast. A 1998 study showed that children who eat breakfast tend to perform better at school. Compared to children who skip breakfast, children who eat breakfast score higher on tests, are less likely to miss class or be tardy, have fewer reported discipline problems, and make fewer trips to the office."


If you haven't already printed this, you can save $1.00 on ONE box of either, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Cocoa Puffs, Lucky Charms or Trix.

IE - CLICK HERE
FF - CLICK HERE

5 Comment(s):

LoraMomOfTwins January 6, 2010 at 6:53 PM  

I really need my daughter to start eating more cereal.We have so much of it because of all the great deals at Copps lately. She likes to eat a lot of frozen breakfast foods. This makes total sense to me. I myself need to start eating breakfast all together . Thanks for the info and I hope I get a coupon. loralpamperin@yahoo.com

Pamela,  January 6, 2010 at 6:58 PM  

Thanks Lora for sharing your thoughts. I too need to eat more cereal...in the morning.

Please send me an email with your address.

helpingthebudgetusingcoupons@gmail.com

skc,  January 6, 2010 at 8:59 PM  

I think that reducing the sugar content in cereal is great. There are plenty of ways that we get too much sugar now, and this is one way to cut back, for all of us.

Pamela,  January 7, 2010 at 5:38 AM  

Thanks SKC for sharing your thoughts too.

Please send me an email with your address.

helpingthebudgetusingcoupons@gmail.com

......................................

That's the end of this giveaway folks! Thanks

Anonymous,  January 7, 2010 at 8:43 PM  

Yes, I completely agree with GM. I think eating less sugar has to be the new normal.

Sun_lutz@yahoo.com

Post a Comment

..
Since Nov. 30, 2009
..
You may use information from this blog with credit going where credit is due.
..
Myself or the the other blogger's I credit.
..
Thank You!
..
..
"Do unto others as you would have others do unto you."
.. ..
..
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected
Thank You To Phillip Martin For His Awesome Clipart! http://www.phillipmartin.info/clipart/homepage.htm

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 / Modified By Mrs. Buys More 2010

Back to TOP